IGCSE Schools In Bangalore
Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international qualification for Grades 9 & 10 (14 to 16-year-olds). It is recognized by leading universities and employers both nationally and worldwide.
Cambridge IGCSE courses are currently offered in 70 different subjects, offering more choice to students than any other curriculum. Legacy School offers about 15 subjects from these for students to choose from. Students also have the ability to pursue a subject independently.
IGCSE is academically rigorous and our teachers are committed to helping each student strive towards achieving his/her highest potential.
The course develops learner knowledge, understanding, and skills in:
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
To support students, we
- Follow certain internationally adopted practices, such as benchmarking to help them excel in their examinations.
- Mentoring by teachers- Offering guidance in setting and meeting goals and refining their social skills.This contributes to the student’s academic success by increasing their self-confidence, promoting a positive attitude towards school & encouraging positive choices
- Career guidance curriculum from Grade 9 through in-house Career development cell, helping them build capacities for life at the college or university
- Nurture important leadership skills amongst our students through specially designed leadership development programs and activities.
- Offer the Global Perspectives course, which involves them in various service projects through the year, both, on campus and in the greater community. These projects have enabled our students to develop the ability to see challenges from several perspectives, find possible solutions and act to create a meaningful change.
The curriculum and our approach to teaching and learning allow our students to develop in-depth subject knowledge and the skills of creative thinking and application of their knowledge to problem solve or excel in new and unfamiliar situations. Cambridge offers our students a wide range of resources and assistance, from course outlines, exam timetables and past papers to revision tips.
To support students, we follow certain internationally adopted practices, such as benchmarking and mentoring to prepare our students to excel in their examinations. Our students and faculty share a friendly, yet professional, relationship with one another and this contributes to the student’s academic success by increasing their self-confidence, promoting a positive attitude towards school, encouraging positive choices, offering guidance in setting and meeting goals and refining their social skills.
In our ongoing endeavour to nurture important leadership skills amongst our students, our faculty encourages students to uncover and develop these qualities through specially designed leadership development programs and activities.
We also strive to develop a sense of responsible citizenship in our students by using the Legacy Student Profile and offering the Global Perspectives course, which involves them in various service projects through the year, both, on campus and in the greater community. These projects have enabled our students to develop the ability to see challenges from several perspectives, find possible solutions and act to create a meaningful change. Our students have also developed important values and attitudes, such as sustainability, team-work, ethics, and empathy.
On successful completion of Cambridge IGCSE, our students are able to choose to further their study by either taking Cambridge AS and A levels or other equivalent qualifications such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP).
Cambridge ICE ( Grades 9-10)
The Cambridge ICE certificate is a group award offering a broad curriculum. Cambridge ICE allows students to demonstrate competence across a wide range of subjects and skills. Cambridge ICE carries greater currency in its own right in those countries where it is popular.
Students who qualify for the Cambridge ICE award will be placed in one of three categories:
- Distinction – Grade A or better in five subjects and grade C or better in two subjects.
- Merit – Grade C or better in five subjects and grade F or better in two subjects.
- Pass – Grade G or better in seven subjects.